Click on one of the following links to read about the services offered at Lac Seul Floating Lodges:
All of our houseboats are available for weekly or 3 night minimum rental. A deposit is required to hold your reservation as follows:
Super 65 foot
Super 75 foot
If for any reason you need to cancel your reservation, your deposit is fully refundable if you cancel 150 days prior to departure date.
Boarding and Check-Out Times
Boarding time is 1pm with check out by 8am. This gives you one full week less 5 hours and ensures the boat is ready for incoming guests. Early arrival for boarding is not recommended as your boat will need to be cleaned and groomed from the previous rental. The houseboat is checked at the dock prior to your departure to ensure everything is working properly. However, we are not responsible for loss of time due to weather, incidents, illness, or should by chance a mechanical issue occur.
We do offer optional insurance with a $3000.00 deductible. Does not cover willful damage or neglect, nor props or lower units on our houseboats or our fishing boats.
Damage and Repairs
Customers are responsible for any damage that occurs while renting any houseboat, fishing boats and motors.
What to Bring
Our houseboats are fully furnished with all the comforts of home including cooking utensils, pots and pans. Here are some things to bring along to make your trip more enjoyable:
- Bring enough food and beverages to last the week. This allows more time to catch the big one instead of running in for supplies mid week. All of our houseboats have two refrigerators and a large pantry with more than enough room to stock a weeks supply of food.
- If you are joining us for a fishing trip, bring the fishing gear that you will need. Fishing rods, lures and minnow buckets. If you are coming during moose season, you will need your hunting gear and warm clothes as the nights are cool.
- All the houseboats are equipped with lifejackets. As per the Canadian Boating regulations, your lifejacket must be readily available and must fit.
The lifejackets on the houseboat are adult jackets for chest sizes 35-50 inches and a weight rating of over 90 lbs. If you have children joining you on your trip, please bring the appropriate size of jacket for your child.
- Many guests choose to bring their own sleeping bag and towel. All the beds on the houseboat are made up with a fitted sheet and a pillow. Complete linen packages are available to rent if you choose and include:
2 blankets, 1 flat sheet, 2 bath towels, 1 hand towel, and 2 face cloths.
- Some other handy things to bring along are cards, magazines, books, games, a GPS, insect repellent, sun screen, swimming gear, a portable radio, rain gear, camera, warm set of clothes, binoculars, and a flashlight.
- Cell phone coverage on Lac Seul is limited. Some of our guests choose to bring a portable satellite phone.
- All houseboats come equipped with a CD player and Sirius satellite radio. All of the houseboats have a TV/DVD combo unit for your favourite movies.